图形设计涉及很多类别：摄影、广告、设计徽标、创建海报、字体设计，甚至构建 3D 模型、重新设计杂志……的风格等等。
OCAD 大学还为学生提供工作机会和学校庆祝活动：多样性、公平和可持续发展倡议办公室 (ODESI)；发展与校友关系；学生健康中心；国际学生支持与交流计划办公室。迎接新生的“O Days”； “学生经营的俱乐部”。
Preparing Portfolio for OCAD U的平面设计niversity
- 意向声明：支持您向 OCAD U 申请。（最多 300 字）
- 完成的工作：包括 8 到10 个原创作品示例，展示您在艺术、设计和媒体方面的各种技能和方法。
- 描述：每件成品用 50 个字解释每件作品的过程/制作方法/媒体/概念和目的。
Review of OCAD University
“Every professors in OCAD have strong relationship between the high level designers and have powerful association with different interpersonal connections. Our students’ goals are getting profs to like you while the GPA is not too bad, get should be familiar with every faculty because it will provide us such precious opportunities.” ---Qiyana Y.
“Graphic Design major is very intense but also you can get tons of experiences at OCAD University, the professors at school are ambitious to solve students’ problems at their field. And the facilities are all in readiness, 3D print shop, computer labs, camera rental department, and many areas that you can’t imaging!” ---Helena S.
- Congratulations to Tucker McLahlan, medal winner for OCAD University’s 102nd Graduate Exhibition (GradEx)! (May 2017)
- Congratulations to Tristan Marantos, medal winner for OCAD University’s 101st Graduate Exhibition (GradEX) for his project, “Life After Death”, which proposes a series of speculative artifacts for a world in which human life is extended indefinitely. (May 2016)
Graphic Design at 约克大学
In 约克大学, it is four-year long program, it offers students to learn the history of graphic design, theory, and management. It also provides student can have an exceptional professional education in visual communication, creative and information design.
Preparing Portfolio for Graphic Design at 约克大学
“约克大学 has a building that specially offer to art and design student, in addition that 约克大学 is pay attention to student fundamental skills, they require your portfolio need to have your unique style, need you to demonstrate your abilities to use various medias including painting, computer software and model craft.”
- Two-dimensional design work: posters, logos, letterheads, book/magazine covers and interior page spreads, CD/DVD inserts.
- Typography: poetry or words using an expressive font of page layout, typeface designs, expressive lettering, projects with text settings designed for clear communication.
- Interactive media: website design or other interactive work.
- Motion graphics: video or animation using images or typography.
- Sketchbook or concept: the samples of your work that show your idea and creative thoughts, the exploration of process.
- Drawing & Illustration: direct observational drawings are preferred. Imaginative paintings or drawings are also welcome.
- Photography: B&W prints, colour prints, digitally manipulated.
- Painting: drawing in oil, acrylic, watercolour, gouache are required.
- 3D Design/Sculpture: handmade model from plan drawings and fibre experiments.
Benefits at 约克大学
- 学生自动加入 YFS 会员的健康和牙科计划
- 约克大学 has Co-op Program
- 约克大学 offers Academic Exchange to other country
“Being able to dabble in so many different design steams like graphic design, editorial, motion, and UX allowed me to become a more creative person.” ---Fiona Yeung
“Get to know the students who are involved in the student associations and those who are always hanging out in the studio. That’s really when you become an art student, when you live and breathe art so much it becomes your life.” ---Betty Zhang
“The bottom line is that it’s hard to work and live as an artist by just being one thing. I crafted my degree at York in a way that has allowed me to wear multiple hats when necessary.” ---Luck Reece
在 NSCAD 大学准备作品集
- 10-20 pieces work: they could be the works that complete recent or from past three years. Any work should be explain in the List of Work as to why you are including it and why you think it’s still relevant. (the portfolio must include 3 different mediums)
- 5-10 additional sketchbook/notebook/journal entries: these pages should demonstrate your process work. How do you plan? How do your ideas come to be?
Benefits At NSCAD University
- 位于Downtown in Halifax
- 学校提供 Anna Leonowens Gallery
- Art Bar +Project
“I earned my Bachelor of Design (Honours) at NSCADU some years ago. I cannot express the amount of gratitude I hold for the quality of teaching I received from the Design faculty. I use the knowledge and experience I soaked up from my time at the university every day in my career as a Graphic Designer/Developer.” ---Jordan A
“NSCAD is great school near Halifax harbor and farmer market , Halifax is very nice city, beautiful harbor view and seashore view, great lobster restaurant.” ---Christina C.
Emily Carr University of Art and Design
由 Brooke Taylor
- 10 Examples of your Creative Practice: a wide range of using different or mix media to demonstrate creative practice, from a video or a song, to a comic strip or a zine, are welcome.
- Process Project: Respond to three prompts using a variety of materials, from images to songs to sculpture. Maximum 50 words.
- 在原始图像或 20 秒的媒体剪辑中，回答问题：是什么让你彻夜难眠？
- Written Responses: Lastly, introduce yourself through your writing and answer the following questions. No more than 100 words.
- 列出您想在 Emily Carr 学习的所有内容。
- BE WHO YOU ARE: Emily Carr University is passionate about teaching students to create what they want to create, and will give students valuable experiences to solve their confusion, will make clear direction to guide students to become the people who they want to be.
- MAKE SOMETHING REAL: Emily Carr University believes that the hard-works by student are being processed through many times of thinking, sketching, and discussing to share their minds, finally turns out to amazing artwork.
- CREATING LASTING VALUE: As a university, they persevere in an effort to create lasting value for culture, community and economy, and increase the quality of life and offer students to have a higher platform to reach vivid world that is ethical, inspired, and meaningful.
“Was an excellent experience. Instructor went above and beyond what he was required to do. He came in on the weekend before the practical test just to do a review for those of us who had questions . Even stayed late after class to make sure everyone understood the material and had it down. I've recommended this course to everyone I know. When it's time to renew my course I'll definitely be going back to MetroSafety. Great instructors, very friendly and super super patient.” ---Aj K.
“I am writing this review as a visitor, not as anyone who is closely connected with the institution. What I like about Emily Carr is its generally upbeat aura of experimental investigation of art and other aesthetic issues. It's a gem on centrally located Granville Island, with terrific views of downtown Vancouver and the mountains to the north. Its quasi-isolation gives it the distinct sense of an enclave, in this case one that can be visited for a satisfying dose of aesthetic elevation. I love places like this, and this one I will never forget because it bolstered my belief that art and design make a great city (like Vancouver) even greater. I'm going to have to find a way to get a teaching or exhibiting artist fellowship to Emily Carr.” ---Noe B.